https://recovernow.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/2020-02-21-1.jpg 324 579 admin https://recovernow.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/admin-ajax.jpeg admin2015-02-12 18:49:482020-10-02 03:00:49Stop counting sheep- tips for a good night's sleep
Stop counting sheep- tips for a good night’s sleep
By: Heryani Jamaludin
- Sleep and wake up at the same time every night and morning. Use an alarm clock to establish regular wake up time
- Do not go to bed with a full stomach ; don’t go to bed hungry either
- Avoid caffeine after four pm. Alcohol disrupts sleep
- Some people find a hot bath or shower very calming
- Prior to bed some people go through a set of routine to signal the body that it’s time for bed. Checking doors and windows, plumping cushions, switching off lights, say a prayer etc. Find a routine that works for you
- Your bed should look inviting when you enter the bedroom so make your bed in the morning
- Your room should be the right temperature although research has shown that people sleep better in a cool room
- If you can’t stand the slightest noise or the dimmest of light – make sure your room is conducive to your needs
- Write down your worries and tell yourself that you will deal with them tomorrow.
- Lavender, camomile tea , warm milk are known to be sleep inducing
- Try not to “work” in bed – thus stimulating your brain eg answering emails, writing reports
- If you can’t sleep do not toss and turn. Get out of bed and do something boring. Go back to bed when you feel sleepy again.